Summer in New Jersey


 Bug Spray

It’s a bright summer day and you and your family have decided to visit the beach. You’re now bathing under the hot summer sun. Your energy saps as you soak up the rays and sink into the sand. The smell of barbecued ribs wafts past your nose as your stomach growls. Children are laughing in the background while bugs pelt your body hoping to get their equivalent of barbecued ribs, human blood…and they don’t give up!

One of the most important things during the summer is bug spray. This is especially true considering the enormous amount of ticks plaguing America this year. Bug spray keeps us safe from unwanted itching and potentially deadly diseases such as malaria, West Nile virus, and yellow fever to name a few. Unfortunately, we may be doing ourselves more harm than good when we apply the pungent spray.

Most over the counter insect sprays contain DEET, a chemical the EPA has played in Category 3, meaning slightly toxic. This in itself doesn’t sound dangerous, however, anyone with a compromised immune system is largely susceptible to sickness due to the harmful chemicals found in these sprays. Regrettably, the amount of Americans who are immunocompromised is greater than one might think.

 

Those Effected

The older you get the less immunity you have towards diseases an chemicals. People with:

  • HIV
  • AIDS
  • Pregnancy
  • Malnutrition
  • Transplants
  • Cancer

The list can go on. Even children are in danger as their bodies are growing and taking in everything around them at an astounding rate. Take precaution with infants and pets if bug spray is ingested as they are more likely to suffer from brain damage if measures aren’t taken immediately.

To keep yourself and your family safe, you may want to consider a less harmful equivalent to bug spray.

 

The Cost

According to the EPA, more than 4.5 billion pounds of chemical pesticides are used every year and we absorb those chemicals through most products. It’s also wise to keep in mind that 6 out of 100 to the poison control center involve pesticide poisoning. Bug sprays are those same pesticides applied directly to our body and inhaled straight into our lungs. Results of inhaling the spray can cause coughing and if swallowed, tremors, seizures, and vomiting can occur.

 

Check Us Out!

For these reasons we have formulated a 100% natural and organic bug spray and bug bite roll on.  Our bug spray is made with a completely nontoxic jojoba and aloe vera carrier in which over 100 drops of medical grade essential oils are added. When applied on arms, legs, neck, etc, these products form a barrier which mosquitoes, gnats and other pests won’t come near.  We have had this product on the market for almost 10 years and have encountered nothing but resounding success and satisfaction with it.  We have also formulated lighter versions for children and infants which are just as successful.

The following review is from one of our satisfied customers who brought the product with him to Central America 

Wonderful people! I was born and raised in the Allenwood/Manasquan area. Now i live in the pacific coast of Nicaragua. Mosquitos where i live carry dengue fever, malaria, and chikungunya. I use the “bite and burn be gone” product when i am bit by mosquitos. And since using this product have not gotten sick. The mosquito bites also disappear within minutes of applying the product.” – Kevin 

The bug bite roll on is again a jojoba aloe vera base with medical grade essential oils which effectively eases the sting of an insect bite in mere minutes.  This roll on also provides effective relief from burns.

At Gifts of Nature and A Healing Touch we strive to make the world better, one product at a time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

               Bug Spray                                                          Bug Bite and Burn Roll On